You are here
Teaching Toolboxes are teaching resource kits, each complete with touchable specimens, reproducible materials, and related books and information. Designed for K-12 students and community groups, our toolboxes not only allow for unique teaching opportunites, but provide subjects that excite students about the natural sciences. Our museum offers a wide variety of topics, which include:
- Ancient Ecosystems
- C.I. Water
- Digging Dinosaurs
- Field Tools
- Fossil Finds
- *This toolbox is reserved for the remainder of the 2013 - 2014 school year. Reservations for 2014 - 2015 will open in April.
- Rocks and Minerals
These boxes are available to check out for free and can be reserved for a two-week period. Information about the individual contents of the toolboxes can be found at the bottom of this page.
**The "Native Utah" Teaching Toolbox is reserved for the remainder of the 2013 - 2014 school year. Registration for this box will open again in April 2014.
Questions? Please email: email@example.com or call: 801.587.3536
Teaching Toolbox Reservation Process
- Submit your Teaching Toolbox Request at the link above.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your request from the Museum.
- Once confirmed, you will pick-up your Teaching Toolbox during your designated reservation period at the Rio Tinto Center. Directions to the Rio Tinto Center.
- Toolboxes are available for pick-up and drop-off Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm, and 9:00 am - 9:00 pm on Wednesdays.