You are here
Volunteers play a vital role at the Natural History Museum of Utah. They work in every department of the Museum and contribute thousands of service hours each year. Whether you want to work behind the scenes with our collections, share your passion for natural history with guests, facilitate field trips for school kids, or put your organizational skills to work for our Membership Team, we've got a volunteer position that will spark your interest and utilize your talents. Volunteer today!
Join the NHMU Volunteer Team!
- Youth Teaching Youth Mentor Volunteer - Click here for position description
- Animal Handler Volunteer - Click here for position description
- School Programs Classroom Assistant - Click here for position description
- Field Trip Greeter Volunteer - Click here for position description
- Fossil Preparator Volunteer - Click here for position description - CLICK HERE to fill out the application for the Fossil Preparator position. ONLY THIS APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION!
Watch for future openings in these positions
- Collections - Paleontology Field Work, Anthropology Lab, Entomology, Herbarium
- Gallery Interpreters - Anthropology, Geology & Paleontology, Biology, Special Exhibits
- Membership Team
- Paleontology Lab Fossil Preparator
- Creature Care Volunteers
- A criminal background check is required for all volunteer positions at the Museum for participants over the age of 18.
- $25 processing fee will be assessed for all volunteers.
Submit Adult Volunteer Application Online Now! Applies to participants 18 years or older except those applying for Fossil Preparator--that application will be available October 1.
* Please read the full position description to make sure you are able to meet all requirements.