Natural History Museum of Utah

You are here

Forms & Policies

Although our Museum is now also known as the Natural History Museum of Utah, Collections & Research will continue to use the UMNH acronym for all collections activities.

Repository Forms

Please read the Repository Policy and Procedures in preparation for applying.

     1. Repository Agreement Request Form (2015 Agreements Now Available)

This form is the first step in the process of entering into a repository agreement with UMNH.   We now have a user-friendly (online) process for submissions. Please do not make multiple submissions. Upon paying, you will receive a confirmation that the form was submitted. Forms will not be processed without the submission of all pertinent information as detailed on form. You will be able to submit a 2015 applications starting Nov. 10, 2014, however you must have fulfilled your obligations under your previous years agreement for a new one to be processed. I will begin to process 2015 agreements by December 1st.

     2. Accession Form, Field Collection

Use this form when requesting an accession number for fieldwork generated collections.  This form must be completed and submitted to the Registrar's office at the end of each annual field season if collections were generated. As a part of all submissions, a copy of your permit(s) must be sent to . This also lets me know you submitted. All Paleo submissions require a preliminary inventory, a template can be downloaded here as an Excel sheet. This will need to be attached to an email to be submitted with the accession form.   Allow at least two weeks for processing.

     3. Reposited Collections Inventory Form

Use this form to accompany collections to be reposited under a Repository Agreement.  When repositing collections, schedule an appointment with the Registrar's office at least two weeks in advance.  Complete a Reposited Collection Inventory form for each accession number assigned and bring the form, required fees and collections to your scheduled appointment at UMNH.

Destructive Analysis Request Form

Use this form to request permission to conduct partial or complete destructive analysis using UMNH collections.  Requests must be approved before loan paperwork can be processed.  Submit a complete, signed form in conjunction with a current CV and research proposal to the appropriate Curator or the Registrar's office.

Image Reproduction Request Form

Use this form to request permission to use images of objects from the UMNH collections for electronic or printed publication.  Please allow two - three weeks for processing. Submit a complete form to the Registrar's office.

Collections Management Policy