Your cart is empty.
Reservations for the 2015 - 2016 school year are now open!
Teaching Toolboxes are teaching resource kits, each complete with touchable specimens, reproducible materials, and related books and information. Designed for K-12 students and community groups, our toolboxes not only allow for unique teaching opportunities, but provide subjects that excite students about the natural sciences. Our museum offers a wide variety of topics, which include:
These boxes are available to check out for free and can be reserved for a two-week period. Information about the individual contents of the toolboxes can be found at the bottom of this page.
The following toolboxes are unavailable for the remainder of the 2015-2016 academic year:
*for students with visual impairment
Not near the Museum? Reserve a Toolbox from your District Office instead! Click Here for a Listing of Off-Site Locations!
Questions? Please email us or call: 801-585-5237
Teaching Toolbox Reservation Process
- Submit your Teaching Toolbox Request at the link above.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your request from the Museum.
- Once confirmed, you will pick-up your Teaching Toolbox during your designated reservation period at the Rio Tinto Center. Directions to the Rio Tinto Center.
- Toolboxes are available for pick-up and drop-off Saturday - Tuesday from 10:00am until 5:00pm (9:00pm on Wednesdays).
Pick-up and drop-off
- The pick-up date is the Saturday listed in your confirmation email.
- You have until the Tuesday after the pick-up date listed in your confirmation email to pick up the toolbox.
- The drop-off date is the Saturday listed in confirmation email (two weeks after the pick-up date).
- You have until the Tuesday after the drop-off date listed in your confirmation email to drop-off the toolbox.
- Please help us by returning toolboxes on time so other educators can use them. If your toolbox is returned late it will be subject to a late fee.