Your cart is empty.
Requests for the 2017–2018 academic year are now open.
Excite and educate your students about the natural sciences with NHMU's Teaching Toolboxes. Each of these teaching resource kits—complete with touchable specimens, reproducible materials, and related literature—will engage your classroom and spark curiosity in the natural world.
Designed by the staff of NHMU for K–12 students and community groups, our toolboxes explore a variety of subjects, from paleontology to parasites. Teaching Toolboxes are available to check out from the Museum for free and can be reserved for a two-week period. Before making a reservation at NHMU, check which toolboxes are already available at your district's office.
Click on your choice of Teaching Toolbox below to find out more and to make a reservation:
Please note: Toolboxes are not available between Saturday, May 27 and Friday, August 25. Toolboxes will first be available on Saturday, August 26, 2017.
Teaching Toolbox Reservation Process
- Select the Teaching Toolbox you wish to reserve
- Follow the link to Reserve this Toolbox
- Complete the webform
- Once confirmed, you will receive an email with your pick-up date
- Pick-up your Teaching Toolbox during your designated reservation period at the Rio Tinto Center
Pick-up and drop-off
- Toolboxes are available for pick-up and drop-off Saturday–Tuesday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. (9 p.m. on Wednesdays)
- The pick-up date is the Saturday listed in your confirmation email
- You have until the Tuesday after the pick-up date listed in your confirmation email to pick up the toolbox
- The drop-off date is the Saturday listed in confirmation email (two weeks after the pick-up date)
- You have until the Tuesday after the drop-off date listed in your confirmation email to drop-off the toolbox
- Please help us by returning toolboxes on time so other educators can use them. If your toolbox is returned late it will be subject to a late fee