Your cart is empty.
We are now taking requests for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Teaching Toolboxes are teaching resource kits, each complete with touchable specimens, reproducible materials, and related books and information. These boxes are available to check out for free and can be reserved for a two-week period. Designed for K-12 students and community groups, our toolboxes not only allow for unique teaching opportunities, but provide subjects that excite students about the natural sciences.
Our museum offers a wide variety of topics. Click on the link for the toolbox you would like to request.
Field Tools Human Evolution*
Galapagos* Mammal Evolution*
*These toolboxes include lesson plans and audio for visually impaired students
Not available (check back in June 2017)
Toolboxes are also available to reserve from your District Office. Click Here for a Listing of Off-Site Locations!
Questions? Please email us or call: 801-585-5237
Teaching Toolbox Reservation Process
- Submit your Teaching Toolbox Request at the link above.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your request from the Museum.
- Once confirmed, you will pick-up your Teaching Toolbox during your designated reservation period at the Rio Tinto Center. Directions to the Rio Tinto Center.
- Toolboxes are available for pick-up and drop-off Saturday - Tuesday from 10:00am until 5:00pm (9:00pm on Wednesdays).
Pick-up and drop-off
- The pick-up date is the Saturday listed in your confirmation email.
- You have until the Tuesday after the pick-up date listed in your confirmation email to pick up the toolbox.
- The drop-off date is the Saturday listed in confirmation email (two weeks after the pick-up date).
- You have until the Tuesday after the drop-off date listed in your confirmation email to drop-off the toolbox.
- Please help us by returning toolboxes on time so other educators can use them. If your toolbox is returned late it will be subject to a late fee.