Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 10:00am to 5:00pm
Natural History Museum of Utah | Rio Tinto Center
Unleash your inner inventor at the Natural History Museum of Utah’s first-ever Science of Invention Festival on Saturday, August 11.
Test your innovative spirit with hands-on design challenges, interact with cutting-edge technology from industry leaders like Microsoft and Sarcos Robotics, and don’t miss this rare opportunity to meet local inventors who’ve successfully taken their ideas from shop to shelf.
Festival admission also includes access to Nature’s Ultimate Machines, NHMU’s special exhibit which highlights the ingenuity of design in nature.
- Innovate through a series of design challenges suitable for all-ages
- Hear local designers & inventors share their stories in our “Shop Talk” presentations
- Check out whole new worlds at Microsoft’s virtual and augmented reality zone
- See cutting-edge technology from world tech leaders Sarcos
- See how a University of Utah researcher has imagined the Luke Skywalker hand to solve real-world problems
And don't miss the Science of Invention Festival theatre performance, which will take place in the Sky Gallery at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm.