How to Enter
- Snap a photograph of nature in your neighborhood: trees, plants, animals, or insects.
- Share it on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #NeighborhoodNature and @NHMU in your caption.*
(Every shared and tagged photo is an entry and there is no limit to submissions)
- Follow @NHMU on Instagram and Twitter.
Selecting a Winner
You can also learn more about the nature in your neighborhood in our very own special exhibition, Nature All Around Us, open until May 25, 2020.
And remember, any of the living organisms you capture on camera can also be submitted to iNaturalist to help scientists identify and track species throughout the world. Learn more about iNaturalist.
- Six free tickets to the Natural History Museum to see Nature All Around Us and to attend our Family Nature Day event on April 25
- A Browning Recon Force 4K Ultra HD Trail Camera to capture the wildlife on your favorite trail or in your own backyard!
- A copy of Yellowstone Migrations, by acclaimed wildlife photographer and camera trapper Joe Riis to inspire your own camera trapping efforts
- Three field guides for the wildlife, birds, and trees and wildflowers that thrive in Utah
- A field journal and pen to document your explorations in nature
- A camouflage NHMU cap
- A copy of Cabinet of Curiosities to inspire your own natural history collection
- A butterfly/insect net to catch and identify bugs on the go
* By submitting photos to the #NeighborhoodNature contest, entrants give the Natural History Museum of Utah limited license to use the submitted photographs with credit for promotion of the #NeighborhoodNature contest on the Museum's website, social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook), and via emails for the duration of the contest.