Your cart is empty.
Saturday, November 12, 2016 -
10:00am to 5:00pm
Sunday, November 13, 2016 -
10:00am to 5:00pm
Natural History Museum of Utah | Rio Tinto Center | 301 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City
At the Natural History Museum of Utah five is a magic number. Nearly five decades of making science fun. Five years of enjoying our dazzling new home, the Rio Tinto Center… and 1.5 million priceless objects in our scientific collections!
Come celebrate our 5th anniversary during our annual Behind the Scenes weekend. For two days only, we open the doors to the “back of house” for a look at the amazing objects held in stewardship for the people of Utah. Meet the scientists whose work helps build the collections, learn about current research, and get an insider’s view of the Museum.
- Discover poisonous plants and animals inspired by The Power of Poison, our current special exhibition.
- See the Museum’s newly redesigned Collections Wall and meet the staff who designed and installed this iconic, three-story display.
- Explore fossils found only in Utah, fascinating objects left behind by Utah’s ancient peoples, specimens of plants and animals from Utah and around the world, and a whole lot more!
- Learn about objects from Range Creek—NHMU’s archaeological field station where we study the Fremont culture.
- View objects from northwestern Native American coastal cultures.
Help us celebrate a Museum that exists because of your generosity and will benefit the people of Utah for future generations.
Join us in the Museum Members-only Hospitality Suite for light refreshments throughout the day. If you’re not yet a member, take the opportunity to sign up during Behind the Scenes weekend.
Strollers are not permitted in the collections area—stroller parking will be provided
Museum admission required (free for members)
Doors to collections areas close at 4:30 p.m.
Thank you to our Presenting Partner, American Express