Your cart is empty.
Drawing with Dinosaurs -- featuring Pat Bagley and the American Association of Editorial Cartoonists
See the dinosaur fossils of the Museum's Past Worlds Gallery through the eyes and hands of nationally known editorial cartoonists. Several nationally-known editorial cartoonists will take a break from the American Association of Editorial Cartoonists annual convention in Salt Lake City to give instruction and insight to their craft!
Children and families are welcome to test their own skills with drawing paper and pencils provided in the gallery. Get tips from editorial cartoonists stationed throughout the Past Worlds gallery.
Talk with paleontology experts and tour the Museum's Fossil Prep Lab as inspiration for your drawing. The artwork created will be put on display in our galleries!
Drawing Dinosaurs Activities Include:
- Cartoonists: Editorial cartoonists will include Kevin “Kal” Kallaugher from the Baltimore Sun, Cal Grodahl from the Ogden Standard Examiner and Pat Bagley from the Salt Lake Tribune.
- Paleontology Writer: Acclaimed science writer Brian Switek will discuss the most recent dinosaur discoveries and how our understanding of what dinosaurs looked like continues to change.
- Fossil Prep Lab: Go behind the glass windows to tour the Museum's Fossil Prep Lab to see real dinosaur fossils and the tools used to uncover them.
- Hands-on Activities: See and touch real dinosaur fossils while learning how to identify the difference between rocks and fossils.
- Drawing Dinosaurs: Draw your favorite dinosaurs in the gallery with tools provided, then display your artwork at the Museum!