Your cart is empty.
NHMU Summer Camp is on its way! Our Sneak Peek, which will have a list of all camps, dates, times and prices, will be available on February 21.
Registration will open to the public on March 13 at 10 a.m. Museum Members at the Family-level and above will receive early registration and discounts on camp fees.
Here is the upcoming Summer Camp schedule:
- Week 1: June 5–9
- Week 2: June 12–16
- Week 3: June 19–23
- Week 4: June 26–30
- Week 5*: July 5–7 (* three-day week; W-F only)
- Week 6: July 10–14
- Week 7: July 17–21
- Week 8*: July 25–28 (* four-day week; T-F only)
- Week 9: July 31–August 4
- Week 10: August 7–11
Natural History Museum of Utah's Summer Camp Program
Our Mission: To inspire passion in, and spark curiosity for, the natural world through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) investigations.
NHMU Summer Camp brings amazing science and nature-based camp experiences to your kids. Our camps take full advantage of the Museum's exhibits, outdoor spaces, and the natural environment of the surrounding foothills above Salt Lake City.
In our summer camps your child will:
- Explore the natural world from new perspectives
- Put the scientific method into action
- Engage in authentic experiences with Museum staff and specimens
- All while making new friends and having a blast
Summer Camp Basics
- Each camp is designed to capture the attention and interest of your child and is targeted for the grade they will enter in the fall of the current year.
- NHMU Summer Camps run in week-long, half-day, or full-day formats (shorter weeks when there is a holiday).
- Camp sessions vary in price, depending on grade, length of day, and duration of week. Check individual listings.
- Partner Camps for children entering 2nd-3rd grades and 4th-5th grades have varying drop-off and pick-up locations. Check individual listings for more information.
- Campers enrolled in full day sessions bring their own non-refrigerated lunch from home along with a drink. We offer a supervised lunch hour that includes time to explore outside.
- Campers will receive a reusable water bottle and a camp shirt with their camp registration fee.
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website or feel free to contact the Camp Coordinator at .
Current Museum Members at the Family-level and above receive early registration links and discounts on the base price of each camp session. Wondering if your Museum membership is current? Check the expiration date on your back of your Member card. You can also email our Membership and Grants Coordinator, Maren Fisher, by clicking here, or by calling 801-585-9054.
Prices vary. See individual listings.
- Family-level Members receive a 10% discount on Museum programs
- Naturalist and Curator Members receive a 15% discount on Museum programs
- Copper Club Members receive a 20% discount on Museum programs
We are pleased to work with several community partners here in Salt Lake City to enrich your child’s learning experience this summer. Drop off and pick up locations vary, check individual listings.
Questions? Visit our Summer Camp FAQ or contact Summer Camp Coordinator, Shelli Campbell, at .