Your cart is empty.
School Programs Assistant
Position Summary: Volunteers will help with the Teaching Toolbox Program, which provides boxes of museum-quality materials to K-12 schools and libraries across the state. This position involves inventorying Teaching Toolboxes to check for damaged or missing materials, purchasing new materials, creating new Toolboxes (cutting foam, photocopying, assembling), entering teacher evaluations into the survey program, as well as miscellaneous office tasks.
Department: School Programs
Supervisor: Program Specialists, Natalie Toth and Kris Work
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Capable of working independently
- Capable of collaborating with members of the School Programs team when necessary.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
Training Required: School Programs Assistants are required to attend one 4 hours general orientation for all new volunteers. On the job training will be provided.
NHMU Orientation (choose one) -
- Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:00am - 1:00pm
Available Shifts: Mondays and Fridays morning or afternoon, shift times are flexible.
Time Commitment: 4 hours once per week through May 2014.
Age Requirement: 18 years minimum
Background checks are required for all volunteers.