Your cart is empty.
School Programs Classroom Assistant Volunteer Position
Position Summary: Individuals will assist Museum staff with facilitated field trips. Responsibilities include assisting in set up, clean up and teaching lessons to 4th & 5th grade students that integrate science process skills and content. When not facilitating field trips, individuals will participate in program evaluation, development, data entry, and preparation/organization of supplies and materials needed.
Department: School Programs
Supervisor: Junior Science Academy Coordinator, Christine Briscoe
Skills and Abilities:
- Enjoys working with students
- Comfortable managing a large group
- Excited about science
- Comfortable learning basic skills to use programs on computers and iPads
- Capable of standing or walking for long periods
Shifts available Shifts:
- Mon., Tues., & Wed. 9:00am-12:00pm,
- Tues. & Thurs. 11:30am-2:30pm
Time Commitment: One shift per week through May 30, 2014
Age Requirement: 18 years minimum
Background checks are required for all volunteers.