Your cart is empty.
School Programs Classroom Assistant Volunteer Position
Department: School Programs
Individuals will assist Museum staff with facilitated field trips. Responsibilities include assisting and/or teaching lessons to K-5 grade students that integrate science process skills and content. When not facilitating field trips, individuals will participate in program evaluation, development, data entry, and preparation/organization of supplies and materials needed.
Skills and Abilities:
• Enjoys working with students
• Comfortable managing a large group
• Excited about science and literacy
• Comfortable learning basic skills to use programs on computers and iPads
• Capable of standing or walking for long periods
NHMU Orientation (choose one)
- Saturday Oct. 20, 9:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday Nov. 17, 9:00am-1:00pm
On the job observation training in the classroom during your regular shift.
M-F 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
M-Th 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Time Commitment: One shift per week, September 17, 2012 - June 6, 2013
Age Requirement: 18 years minimum
Background checks are required for all volunteers.