Your cart is empty.
Summer Camp Assistant Teen Volunteer
Looking for something fun to do this summer? The Natural History Museum of Utah is looking for teen volunteers to work as Summer Camp Assistants. Are you friendly, enthusiastic and great with kids? Our 59 different camps are 1⁄2 day and full day camps for kids K-8th grade.
Summer Camp Assistants help teachers and kids with activities and projects, assist with the preparation and clean up of rooms and activities and help with breaks and snack times. If you are organized, self-motivated, dependable and enjoy working with children of all ages you can become part of the NHMU Summer Camp team!
How to Apply
Please mail or email the completed Summer Camp Assistant, Youth Volunteer Application to:
Natural History Museum of Utah
Debbie Amundsen, Volunteer Coordinator 301 Wakara Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Download the Youth Volunteer Application here
The sooner we receive your application the more flexibility there is with scheduling.
- Applicants must be 15 years or older by June 1, 2013
- Qualified applicants will be selected and contacted for an interview
- Those not selected for an interview will be notified by email or mail
- Applicants must be available for a 30 minute interview at the Museum before acceptance into the program.
- Interviews will begin April 23, 2013
Important dates and deadlines
- Applications due by May 15, 2013 for best chance at desired schedule. Applications turned after May 15th may not get first choices of camp weeks
- Orientation Training (required) – May 18 or June 15, 2013, 9:00am-1:00pm
- Summer Camp Training (required) – May 31, 2013, 3:00-5:00pm