Your cart is empty.
Department: Youth and Family Programs within the Pubic Programs Department
Position Summary: : Individuals will be partnered with our Youth and Family Programs Informal Education Staff. As part of our summer camp staff, you will be part of creating an exciting, safe and fun learning environment. Volunteers will assist the Informal Education staff with classroom management and facilitation by utilizing activities and projects that help campers identify their prior knowledge and make new connections with science and the natural world.
Skills and Abilities:
Duties will include:
- Set up and clean up of the labs and activities
- Assist with the running of activities and projects
- Assist with classroom management
- Assist with supply needs
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for Classroom Assistants:
- Previous classroom or informal education experience preferred
- Previous education background preferred
- Enjoys work with children
- Punctual and dependable
- An interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and/or Math
- Interest in learning informal education strategies
- New Museum Volunteer/Staff Orientation (choose one)
May 18th or June 15th from 9:00am-1:00pm
- Informal Education Training (choose one)
May 25 from 9:00am-Noon or June 22 from 1:00pm-4pm
Time Commitment: At least two weeks (full day or half day) which is 2 camps: multiple weeks preferred.
Age Requirement: 18 years minimum
Background checks are required for all volunteers. Interviews will begin April 11, 2013