Your cart is empty.
The mission of NHMU’s Summer Camp Programming is to facilitate authentic learning experiences that inspire passion for the natural world while creating life-long learners.
We will inspire these life-long learners through the use of STEAM-based activities that engage skills from various educational disciplines. By combining inquiry and solution-based investigations with a STEAM education approach to learning, participants are challenged to use cross-disciplinary and critical thinking skills to explore how ALL learning is connected to their everyday world.
Summer Camp 2017 is over. We’d like to thank our Sponsor, Rocky Mountain Power, as well as thank all of the parents, grandparents, and care providers that registered their amazing kids in camp this past summer. We had a fantastic year! We plan to begin working on creating another fabulous camp line up for 2018, and will post details beginning in late February of 2018. For now, please note:
- Each camp is designed to capture the attention and interest of your child and is targeted for the grade they will enter in the fall of the current year.
- Camp sessions vary in price, depending on grade, length of day, and duration of week. Check individual listings.
- Partner Camps for children entering 2nd–3rd grades begin at our partner locations and end at the Museum; Partner Camps for children entering 4th–5th grades begin at the Museum and end at the partner location, unless otherwise noted. Check individual camp listings for more information.
- Depending on your membership level, additional discounts will apply. Learn More About Museum Membership.
- Campers enrolled in full day sessions bring their own non-refrigerated lunch from home along with a drink. We offer a supervised lunch hour that includes time to explore outside.
- Campers will receive a reusable water bottle and a camp shirt with their camp registration fee.
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website or feel free to contact the Camp Coordinator at .
Summer Camp 2018 Schedule at a Glance
- Week 1: June 4-8
- Week 2: June 11-15
- Week 3: June 18-22
- Week 4: June 25-29
- Off for the July 4 holiday week
- Week 5: July 9-13
- Week 6: July 16-20
- Week 7*: July 25-27 (W-F only)
- Week 8: July 30-August 3
- Week 9: August 6-10
- Week 10: August 13-17
Summer Camp Scholarships
Please check back in early 2018 for information on Camp Scholarship Applications for Summer Camp 2018.
The Natural History Museum of Utah thanks Rocky Mountain Power for their generous support as the Presenting Sponsor of NHMU's Summer Camp.