Your cart is empty.
Use NHMU’s mobile guide, Trailhead to Utah, to find new ways to explore the Museum and discover opportunities to extend your adventures into the natural world throughout the state. The Trailhead features over 70 unique stops with a variety of expanded content, like audio recordings, interactive illustrations, and ideas for places to visit around the region.
How to use the Trailhead to Utah
1. Bring your mobile device on your visit to the Museum.
2. Enter trails.nhmu.org into your browser. Android users can download the NHMU Trailhead app from Google Play. An Apple version of the app will be available soon.
3. Choose a theme or simply explore the stops that interest you.
Use the Trailhead at the Museum
- First time visitor? Discover "must see" objects in the Museum's collections.
- Want to know more? Dig deeper into the stories behind the exhibits and hear from science experts.
- Into social media? Use the "Share" function to post about your visit.
- Inspired to see more? Use the "Go Further" function to connect what you see in the Museum to sites and experiences throughout the regions.
Take the Trailhead experience with you
Use the app/url any time, anywhere. Create an account to access personalized content—videos, links, destinations, and more—all based on Trailhead stops you explore when you visit the Museum. With the Trailhead as your guide, forge your own trail to discover Utah’s astounding paleontology, biological diversity, and the lifeways of Utah’s ancient peoples.