Click each question below to view the corresponding answer:
- Password protected Zoom Room for an hour and a half for up to 15 child-guests and 5 adults
- 45 minutes of interactive science activities led by Museum educators followed by up to 45 minutes of unfacilitated time in the password-protected Zoom Room
- Museum t-shirt and water bottle for the birthday child
- Goody bags for all child-participants (distributed to guests by Host Family)
- Group activity supplies for all child-participants (distributed to guests by Host Family)
- Personalized "Happy Birthday" virtual background (distributed to guests by Host Family)
- Virtual invitation for you to personalize and send to your guests
$175 / Museum Members; $200 / non-Members
Facilitated activities will last approximately 45 minutes with an additional 45 minutes of unfacilitated time in our Zoom Room for your celebration to continue. Facilitated session will include:
- Check in, allow time for everyone to arrive
- Icebreaker games / Science Quizzes
- Science Demonstrations & Group Activities
- Happy Birthday Singalong
We are currently holding virtual parties on Saturdays from 10:30am - Noon or from 2:00 - 3:30pm.
The Host Family must provide their guest list to the birthday party coordinator one week prior to the party date. The Museum has a locked Zoom account and will only let in those viewing parties that are on the guest list to ensure security for your party.
- Parents/care providers will need to ensure that they have a Zoom account set up and know how to use it; Museum IT support will not be available
- Parent/care provider assistance may be required for younger children
- We also ask that the parents/care providers assist with muting and unmuting of younger children and manage any disruptions during the program
Virtual parties are limited to no more than 15 child participants and up to 5 viewing parties. Each viewing party can have as many people as they want. You must provide your guest list to the birthday party coordinator at least one week prior to the party date. The Museum has a locked Zoom account and will only let in those viewing parties that are on the guest list to ensure security for your party.
We strongly suggest booking your party up to 3 weeks in advance to ensure date and time availability. This also ensures that your Party-in-a-Box arrives on time.
- Any party cancellation must be requested via email to the Youth & Family Programs Manager.
- Parties that wish to cancel once the booking process is complete, but prior to 10 days before the party, will have a $25 cancellation fee withheld from the party fee paid.
- If the party is cancelled less than 10 days prior to the party, there will be no refund provided.
- There is no refund for a no-call, no show.
We will gladly reschedule your virtual party at no cost. Please have a few reschedule date options ready when emailing the Youth & Family Programs Manager. We will be unable to re-send Party-in-a-Box kits if they were already mailed out.
Yes! You will receive a virtual invitation PDF that you can customize and send out to your guests once you’ve booked your party.
We will send you a Zoom link invitation as well as information to email to your guests a few days prior to the day of the party. You will need to share this Zoom link with your guests. We will give a few minutes at the beginning of the program to make sure everyone has time to log in. Please ensure that all of your guests have a Zoom account and know how to use it, prior to the party date. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any IT support for this program.
Absolutely—in fact your party host will ask questions and encourage your guests to answer and ask their own questions! Our virtual parties are meant to be interactive.
- A Museum t-shirt and water bottle for the birthday child
- Group activity supplies for each child-guest (to be distributed to guests by Host Family prior to party)
- Party bags for each child-guest, which will include a coupon for the child to come to the Museum for a free visit (to be distributed to guests by Host Family prior to party)