Your cart is empty.
Self Guided Field Trips
Start planning your field trip to the Museum!
Need to make changes to your reservation? Click here!
The self-guided field trips offered at NHMU are designed for grades K-12 with a focus on national and state standards. Please submit your request at least two weeks prior to the time of your visit. Submitting a request does not guarantee a reservation. You will receive a confirmation by email when your reservation is finalized.
School Field Trip Calendar
School Group Pricing: Self-Guided Field Trips
Utah Public and Charter Schools receive sponsored (free) admission.
Private schools and schools outside of Utah receive unsponsored (discounted) admission.
*Reservations must be made in advance*
Sponsored School Group Pricing:
- Teachers - FREE
- Chaperones - FREE
- Students - FREE
Unsponsored School Group Pricing:
- Teachers - $7.00
- Chaperones - $7.00
- Students - $4.00
Other groups eligible for unsponsored admission:
After-school programs, child-care, and pre-school programs can make submit their reservation request form from the Field Trip Request page.
Previewing the Museum
- You and your teaching team are encouraged to visit the Museum before your visit. You can visit for free by printing off your confirmation email and presenting it with your ID at the ticket desk. Our guest services staff will print you a Teacher Preview Ticket.
- Only teachers coming on a field trip are able to preview the Museum for free.
- Sign up to attend a FREE 2-hour Field Trip workshop before bringing your students to the Museum. Click here for more info.
- Payment is due upon your arrival.
- The Museum accepts checks, credit and debit cards, and cash. If you need to make a payment with a P.O. you will need to contact us prior to your visit in order to make that arrangement.
- If you have received confirmation for your lunch reservation, you should be aware of the following:
- You may eat only during your designated lunchtime and only in the designated lunch area.
- The designated lunch space for school groups is the Community Room and the Canyon Lobby. It is located on Level 2 right by the group entrance and near the Café.
- Your group should leave the galleries a few minutes early in order to arrive at the Community Room on time for lunch.
- Please make sure your students are not eating near the Café, or on tables outside.
- The Museum will provide wagons for you to store your lunches in. They will be available upon your arrival, and will be stored in the Community Room.
- You and your chaperones should have students wash their hands in the restrooms, which can be found on every level near the elevators. Please allow enough time to exit the galleries, wash hands, and arrive at the Community Room on time for lunch.
Double-Check Your Date!
- When you are scheduling your buses, sending out requests for chaperones and permission slips, and putting your field trip on the school calendar, please double check the date you are scheduled to come as listed in your confirmation email.