Your cart is empty.
Volunteers play a vital role at the Natural History Museum of Utah. They work in every department of the Museum and contribute thousands of service hours each year. Whether you want to work behind the scenes with our collections, share your passion for natural history with guests, facilitate field trips for school kids, or put your organizational skills to work for our Registrar, we've got a volunteer position that will spark your interest and utilize your talents. Volunteer today! If you have questions, email the volunteer program.
Join the NHMU Volunteer Team!
Short Term Summer Positions:
- Summer Camp Assistant - Click here for position description
- Genome Gallery Interpreter - Click here for position description
Long Term Positions:
- Highlights Tour Guide - Click here for position description
- Biology Gallery Interpreter - Click here for position description
- Anthropology Gallery Interpreter - Click here for position description
- Paleontology Gallery Interpreter - Click here for position description
Watch for future openings in these positions
- Collections - Paleontology, Anthropology, Vertebrates, Entomology, Herbarium
- School Programs/Field Trips
- Youth Teaching Youth (YTY) Mentor
- Paleontology Lab Fossil Preparator
- Paleontology Field Assistant
- Creature Care Volunteers
- Community Outreach Volunteers
- A criminal background check is required for all volunteer positions at the Museum for participants over the age of 18.
- $25 processing fee will be assessed for all volunteers.
NHMU Volunteer Benefits
- Free admission to the Museum
- Museum guest passes
- Discount for the Museum Store, Membership & Cafe
Apply Online Now!
Summer Camp Volunteer Application: This is the application for participants interested in our Summer Camp Assistant volunteer position.
General Volunteer Application: This is the application for participants interested in general volunteer opportunities.
* Please read the full position description to make sure you are able to meet all requirements.