Your cart is empty.
Volunteers play a vital role at the Natural History Museum of Utah. They work in every department of the Museum and contribute thousands of service hours each year. Whether you want to work behind the scenes with our collections, share your passion for natural history with guests, facilitate field trips for school kids, or put your organizational skills to work for our Registrar, we've got a volunteer position that will spark your interest and utilize your talents. Volunteer today! If you have questions, email the volunteer program.
Join the NHMU Volunteer Team!
- Community Outreach - Click here for position description
- School Programs - Junior Science Academy Classroom Assistant - Click here for position description
- School Programs - STEM Lab - Click here for position description
- Highlights Tour Guide - Click here for position description
Watch for future openings in these positions
- Collections - Paleontology, Anthropology, Vertebrates, Entomology, Herbarium, Registrar
- Gallery Interpreter - Anthropology, Biology, Paleontology, Special Exhibits
- Youth Teaching Youth (YTY) Mentor
- Paleontology Lab Fossil Preparator
- Paleontology Field Assistant
- Summer Camp Assistant
- Creature Care Volunteer
- A criminal background check is required for all volunteer positions at the Museum for participants over the age of 18.
- A $25 processing fee will be assessed for all volunteers. Accepted applicants with limited financial resources may request a fee waiver.
NHMU Volunteer Benefits
- Free admission to the Museum
- Museum guest passes
- Discount for the Museum Store, Membership & Cafe
Apply Online Now!
General Volunteer Application: This is the application for participants interested in general volunteer opportunities.
* Please read the full position description to make sure you are able to meet all requirements.