Your cart is empty.
Volunteers play a vital role at the Natural History Museum of Utah. They work in every department of the Museum and contribute thousands of service hours each year. Whether you want to work behind the scenes with our collections, share your passion for natural history with guests, facilitate field trips for school kids, or put your organizational skills to work for our Registrar, we've got a volunteer position that will spark your interest and utilize your talents. Volunteer today! If you have questions, email the volunteer program.
Join the NHMU Volunteer Team!
- STEM Lab Facilitator: Use hands-on activities with field trip guests in our science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) laboratory. Click here for more details.
- Field Trip Assistant: Provide orientation and support for K-12 school groups upon arrival and in the galleries. Click here for more details.
- Gallery Guru: Facilitate programming for field trip guests to excite learning and foster in-depth engagements with exhibits. Click here for more details.
- Junior Science Academy Classroom Assistant: Guide field trip guests in hands-on activities in a classroom setting. Click here for more details.
Watch for future openings in these positions
- Collections - Paleontology, Anthropology, Vertebrates, Entomology, Herbarium, Mycology
- Paleontology Lab Fossil Preparator
- Paleontology Field Assistant
- Youth Teaching Youth Mentor
- Gallery Interpreter - Anthropology, Biology, or Paleontology
- Animal Handler, Creature Care
- Summer Camp Assistant
- Citizen Science Volunteers
- Landscape Steward
- Community Outreach
- Registrar Volunteer
- A criminal background check is required for all volunteer positions at the Museum for participants over the age of 18.
- A $25 processing fee will be assessed for all volunteers. Accepted applicants with limited financial resources may request a fee waiver.
NHMU Volunteer Benefits
- Free admission to the Museum
- Museum guest passes
- Discount for the Museum Store, Membership & Cafe
Apply Online Now!
General Volunteer Application: This is the application for participants interested in general volunteer opportunities.
Pre-Approved Volunteer Application: This is the application for participants who have already made arrangements with an NHMU staff member to volunteer in their area.
* Please read the full position description to make sure you are able to meet all requirements.