Your cart is empty.
Volunteers play a vital role at the Natural History Museum of Utah. They work in every department of the Museum and contribute thousands of service hours each year. Whether you want to work behind the scenes with our collections, share your passion for natural history with guests, facilitate field trips for school kids, or put your organizational skills to work for our Registrar, we've got a volunteer position that will spark your interest and utilize your talents. Volunteer today! If you have questions, email the volunteer program.
Join the NHMU Volunteer Team!
- Summer Camp Assistant: Instill an appreciation and understanding of science in kids attending summer camps at the Museum. Click here for more details.
Watch for future openings in these positions
- Collections - Paleontology, Anthropology, Vertebrates, Entomology, Herbarium
- Paleontology Lab Fossil Preparator
- Paleontology Field Assistant
- School Programs - Junior Science Academy Classroom Assistant, STEM Lab Facilitator, Field Trip Assistant
- Youth Teaching Youth Mentor
- Gallery Interpreter - Anthropology, Biology, or Paleontology
- Community Outreach
- Citizen Science
- Animal Handler
- Creature Care Volunteer
- Registrar Volunteer
- A criminal background check is required for all volunteer positions at the Museum for participants over the age of 18.
- A $25 processing fee will be assessed for all volunteers. Accepted applicants with limited financial resources may request a fee waiver.
NHMU Volunteer Benefits
- Free admission to the Museum
- Museum guest passes
- Discount for the Museum Store, Membership & Cafe
Apply Online Now!
Summer Camp Assistant Application: This is the application for participants interested in becoming a summer camp assistant volunteer.
General Volunteer Application: This is the application for participants interested in general volunteer opportunities.
Pre-Approved Volunteer Application: This is the application for participants who have already made arrangements with an NHMU staff member to volunteer in their area.
* Please read the full position description to make sure you are able to meet all requirements.