Celebrate Your Child's Birthday at the Museum
Science-themed birthday parties for kids turning 5–10 years old held in our private party rooms allows party guests to enjoy the hands-on activities as well as our galleries and exhibits.
Party reservations are now open.
Take the Stress Out of Birthday Party Planning
Holding your child's birthday party at NHMU is cool for kids and easy for you. Let us take care of the details while you and the children experience a truly memorable event.
- Dinosaur Detectives for kids turning 5 - 7 years old:
- No bones about it, this is a great party for dinosaur lovers! Learn more about these amazing creatures while making fossil impressions, creating a dino headband, painting a dino skin necklace, and excavating a mini-quarry. Plus, participants will tour aspects of our Past Worlds gallery.
- Science Lab for kids turning 7 - 10 years old:
- Unleash the scientist in your child! Our Science Lab party is bubbling over with fizzing and oozing hands-on fun. Create slime, experiment with chemical reactions, and create light wands. Test our hypothesis that your scientists will have a blast at this party.
Request your party date today! Call 801-585-3948 or email
Birthday Party Planning Details:
When are Birthday Parties offered?
- Saturdays and Sundays from 10:15 - Noon or from 1:00 - 2:45pm (Through the end of the year)
- Starting January 2023: Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00am - 11:45am or from 1:00 - 2:45pm
What is included in the price?
- Personalized electronic invitations
- 60 minute reservation in our Party Room with an additional 40 minutes in our Community Room for cake and refreshments (both spaces are colorfully decorated and reserved for your program)
- Dedicated Party Staff to facilitate the science activty portion of your program to ensure your party is a success
- Day-of general admission to the Museum for all party guests
- Plates, cups, napkins, and utensils (Refreshments not provided)
- A fun, party-themed backdrop for your photos
- Age-appropriate hands-on activities
- Goodie bag for each child-guest (See below for add-ons to our goodie bags)
Cost and Other Information
- Dinosaur Detectives Party (5-7 yr olds): $275 for up to 12 kids and up to 8 adult guests, including the birthday child and family.
- Science Lab Party (7-10 yr olds): $275 for up to 15 kids and up to 5 adults, including the birthday child and family.
- We require at least 2 (non-staff) adults per party.
- At this time, we are not able to allow additional guests to either party.
- NHMU Members at the Family level and above receive a 10% discount on the party package
Enhance Your Goodie Bag with Our Flexi-Friends!
- Member Price: $20 / Non-Member Price: $25
- Flexie-Friend types to choose from: T-Rex, Raptor, Ceratopsian, Trilobite, or Pterodactyl
- Color choice: Blue, Green, Red, Purple, or Yellow
What Do Other Parents Say?
- "The birthday party staff were fantastic... knowledgeable, good with the kids, and great about expecting them to behave."
- "The staff were extremely engaging and kept the activities moving at a perfect pace for the age of the kids. It was fantastic."
- "So stress free and fun. The kids and adults all loved it."
- "[My children] each came home excited about the things they learned. They talked all day about it, to me and to each other. They were proud of their experiments. It was a wonderful experience for everyone."
- "It was like Disney magic, but for science."
Request a Reservation Today!
Please schedule your birthday party at least three weeks in advance. We recommend inquiring about a specific date and time as early a possible.
Request your party date today! Call 801.585.3948 or email to .
Payment, Transfers and Cancellations:
Party fee is due at the time of booking. The Museum accepts all major credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express & Discover).
Cancellations received at least two weeks prior to the scheduled party date will receive a refund, less $20 administration fee.
Transfer requests received at least two weeks prior to the scheduled party date will be accepted if the newly requested date/time is available. There will be a $20 to move the date/time.
No transfers will be allowed or refunds given if made less than two weeks prior to the party date.
Outside Birthday Parties:
Organized birthday parties are not allowed on the Museum grounds unless part of the Museum's Birthday Party program, which must be reserved in advance.