Celebrate Your Child's Birthday at the Museum
Science-themed birthday parties for kids turning 7–10 years old held in our private party rooms allows party guests to enjoy the hands-on activities as well as our galleries and exhibits.
Take the Stress Out of Birthday Party Planning
Holding your child's birthday party at NHMU is cool for kids and easy for you. Let us take care of the details while you and the children experience a truly memorable event.
- As we work to update our incredible party themes, we are currenlty offering Science Lab for kids turning 7 - 10 years old:
- Unleash the scientist in your child! Our Science Lab party is bubbling over with fizzing and oozing hands-on fun. Create slime, experiment with chemical reactions, and create light wands. Test our hypothesis that your scientists will have a blast at this party.
- We provide:
- A private decorated room, hands-on take-home activities, tableware for your refreshments, goody bags for each child, and knowledgeable party hosts to ensure a memorable time. Plus, day-of admission to the Museum for your guests.
- You bring the refreshments -- and the kids, of course!
Request your party date today! Call 801.585.3948 or
Birthday Party Planning Details:
When are Birthday Parties offered?
- Saturday Mornings: 10:15 am - Noon
- Saturday Afternoons: 1:15 - 3:00 pm (Bookings available starting January 2022)room at museum set for a birthday party
What is included in the price?
- Personalized electronic invitations
- 60 minute reservation in our private, colorfully decorated Party Room with an additional 45 minutes in our Community Room for cake and refreshments
- Dedicated Party Staff to facilitate activities and ensure your party is a success
- Day-of general admission to the Museum for all party guests
- Plates, cups, and utensils along with paper napkins (Refreshments not provided)
- A fun, party-themed backdrop for your photos
- Age-appropriate hands-on activities
- Goodie bag for each child guest
What is the Cost?
- $265 for your party group of up to 10 children and up to 5 adult guests, including the birthday child and family
- Maximum party size is 15 total children and adults
- We require at least 2 adults per party
- NHMU Members at the Family level and above receive a 10% discount on the party package
What Do Other Parents Say?
- "The birthday party staff were fantastic... knowledgeable, good with the kids, and great about expecting them to behave."
- "The staff were extremely engaging and kept the activities moving at a perfect pace for the age of the kids. It was fantastic."
- "So stress free and fun. The kids and adults all loved it."
- "[My children] each came home excited about the things they learned. They talked all day about it, to me and to each other. They were proud of their experiments. It was a wonderful experience for everyone."
- "It was like Disney magic, but for science."
Request a Reservation Today!
Please schedule your birthday party at least three weeks in advance. We recommend inquiring about a specific date and time as early a possible.
Request your party date today! Call 801.585.3948 or email to .
Payment, Transfers and Cancellations:
Party fee is due at the time of booking. The Museum accepts all major credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express & Discover).
Cancellations received at least two weeks prior to the scheduled party date will receive a refund, less $50 administration fee.
Transfer requests received at least two weeks prior to the scheduled party date will be accepted if the newly requested date/time is available. There will be a $30 to move the date/time.
No transfers will be allowed or refunds given if made less than two weeks prior to the party date.
Outside Birthday Parties:
Organized birthday parties are not allowed on the Museum grounds unless part of the Museum's Birthday Party program, which must be reserved in advance.