Want to stay up to date on Museum Education happenings including Teaching Toolbox Program announcements? Sign up for the Educator Resources Newsletter email list:
Excite and educate your students about the natural sciences with NHMU's Teaching Toolboxes. Each of these teaching resource kits—complete with touchable specimens, reproducible materials, and related literature—will engage your classroom and spark curiosity in the natural world. Designed by the staff of NHMU for K–12 students and community groups, our toolboxes explore a variety of subjects. Teaching Toolboxes are available to check out from the Museum for free and can be reserved for a two week period.
See below for a complete list of all Teaching Toolboxes with links to learn more and make reservations.
Unsure of how to use the Teaching Toolboxes during the current public health crisis? Check out the 2022-2023 Toolbox Usage Guide for ideas on how to use these resources safely!
Please note that due to high demand each teacher will be limited to four boxes for the 2021-2022 school year. All toolboxes will be fully santized between reservations to maintain safe usage.
A toolbox may be available at a partner location closer to you! Before making a reservation at NHMU, check which toolboxes are already available at offsite locations near you.
Pick-up and drop-off
- Toolbox pick-up and drop-off is only available during business hours (10am-5pm)
- The pick-up date is the Saturday listed in your confirmation email
- The drop-off date is the Saturday two weeks after the pick-up date.
- Please help us by returning toolboxes on time so other educators can use them and so we can properly clean them. If your toolbox is returned late it will be subject to a late fee.
- If you need to change your pick-up or drop-off time please email