Reservations for the 2019-2020 school year open on August 1st.
Excite and educate your students about the natural sciences with NHMU's Teaching Toolboxes. Each of these teaching resource kits—complete with touchable specimens, reproducible materials, and related literature—will engage your classroom and spark curiosity in the natural world.
See below for a complete list of all Teaching Toolboxes with links to learn more and make reservations.
Please note that due to high demand teacher will be limited to four boxes for the 2018-2019 school year.
Designed by the staff of NHMU for K–12 students and community groups, our toolboxes explore a variety of subjects. Teaching Toolboxes are available to check out from the Museum for free and can be reserved for a two-week period. Before making a reservation at NHMU, check which toolboxes are already available at offsite locations near you.
Pick-up and drop-off
- Toolboxes are available for pick-up and drop-off Saturday–Tuesday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. (9 p.m. on Wednesdays)
- The pick-up date is the Saturday listed in your confirmation email
- You have until the Tuesday after the pick-up date listed in your confirmation email to pick up the toolbox
- The drop-off date is the Saturday listed in confirmation email (two weeks after the pick-up date)
- You have until the Tuesday after the drop-off date listed in your confirmation email to drop-off the toolbox
- Please help us by returning toolboxes on time so other educators can use them. If your toolbox is returned late it will be subject to a late fee