April is Global Citizen Science Month!
To celebrate, we have fun projects and new resources debuting all month long!
Featured global events with local impact:
- WeDigBio April 8-11, 2021 – Have you transcribed any digital NHMU records yet? WeDigBio is a great time to get started!
- City Nature Challenge April 30-May 3, 2021 – Showcase Utah's unique biodiversity, it's as easy as taking a photo!
Thanks to the wonderful communities throughout Utah and around the globe contributing to NHMU as Citizen Scientists, we are celebrating some exciting NHMU Citizen Science achievements for 2020:
- Over 14,600 iNaturalist observations made in NHMU projects
- 400% increase in participants contributing to digital transcription
- Inaugural Squirrel Fest expanded Fox Squirrel research, leading to 550 (and counting!) detailed squirrel observations in Northern Utah.
- The Western Firefly Project confirmed new populations of fireflies in Woming (in addition to known populations in UT, ID, NV and CO)
Where will 2021 take us? Join one of the NHMU’s citizen science projects dedicated to exploring and recording Utah’s biodiversity. Check out project details below. We can’t do it without you!
We need your help! Scroll down to see active Citizen Science projects at NHMU, and how you can get involved.