How do I book my group reservation?
To book a group reservation, enter your request here. If you are making a reservation with less than one week before the visit date, please call us directly at 801-585-9538 with a credit card for immediate payment.
How many tickets do I need to purchase to get the group discount?
You must purchase 12 or more tickets to get the group discounted rates.
When is the best time to visit the museum?
If you wish to visit the Museum during a quieter time, the following days and times tend to be less busy: Wednesday evenings we are open until 9 p.m., Monday–Friday after 2 p.m., and Sundays.
When is the museum open?
The Natural History Museum of Utah is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. everyday with the last general admission at 4:30 p.m. The museum is only closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Please call us or check The Natural History Museum of Utah website for early closures and extended hours.
How do I get to the museum?
The Natural History Museum of Utah is located at the University of Utah's Research Park at 301 Wakara Way. Click here for directions to the Museum.
Where can our motor coach park?
Free parking for motor coaches is available in designated areas west of the museum on Colorow Road. Coaches cannot stage in the museum drop-off areas.
Where can our group eat lunch?
The Group Sales Department offers delectable lunch options for purchase . You can also pre-purchase $5, $10, or $15 food vouchers to the Museum Café to be used at any time on the day of your visit.
What exhibits are currently on display at the Museum?
Group Reservation Guidelines
- We ask for reservations to be made 48 hours in advance for Groups of 12 to 40 people. Groups not paying with a single form of payment will not be eligible for the group admission rates.
- Children aged 2 and under are free at NHMU. Children aged 2 and under cannot be included in the 12 paid admissions, however, they may be added at no additional cost.
- For groups with more than 40 people, reservations must be made and tickets purchased at least one week prior to your visit.
- Group reservations are purchased for a specific date and time. Tickets must be purchased at the time of reservation.
- Group pricing may not be combined with any additional discounts, coupons, or offers.
- Price is subject to change.