Thanks to YOU, our Summer Camp program won City's Weekly's BEST OF UTAH in 2022!! We are truly thrilled for the award and are thankful for the trust you put in us. in 2023 we will continue to provide high-quality, science-based programming for kids in kindergarten through the fifth grades.
Our Summer Camp Sneak Peek will be posted on February 13th. The Sneak Peek will list registration dates, camp sessions, dates, times, fees, etc.
At NHMU, we are committed to cultivating lifelong skills in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) investigations that promote independence, nurture teamwork, and inspire resiliency and innovation while providing time to explore the natural world. Our Summer Camp programs take full advantage of the Museum's exhibits and collections as well as the incredible natural environments around our site.
Your child will:
- explore the natural world from new perspectives
- put the scientific method into action
- engage in authentic experiences with Museum staff and collections
- make new friends and have fun!
2023 Summer Camp
What we know so far about Summer Camp 2023
- Limited class sizes with high staff to child ratios
- NEW this year: Kindergarten sessions will be offered from 9am - Noon and from 1 - 4pm, M-Th.
- AM and PM sessions will be identical; full day registration is not permitted.
- First grade sessions will run from 9am - 4pm, M-Th
- Second - sixth grade sessions will run from 8:30am - 4:30pm, M-Th
- All sessions will run Monday - Thursday only; no camp on Friday.
- We will not offer camp programming the weeks of July 4 and July 24, due to holidays.
- Partner Camps will be 2 full days at the Museum and 2 full days at the partner location, unless otherwise noted.
Communicable disease precautions will continue:
- Staff are required to have up to date COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Scheduled disinfection of high touched surfaces several times throughout the day and each evening in lab spaces.
- Scheduled hand washing times throughout the day; hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- Masks are not required, but are certainly allowed.
If you need to cancel your child’s camp registration, email the Camp Director at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date at . If we are able to fill your spot, you will receive a full refund, less a $15 fee. If we are not able to fill your spot, we will refund 60% of your registration fee. Registrations canceled two weeks or less prior to the camp start date, will not receive a refund.
2023 Summer Camp Scholarship Information
The Natural History Museum of Utah strives to provide high-quality, inclusive programming to children attending kindergarten through the sixth grades. We are thankful to our camp sponsors, who have generously donated funding toward our scholarship program. Scholarships cover 100% of camp fees and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to students who receive free or reduced price lunch in the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program, or whose families meet the Income Eligibility Guidelines for the program. We will open the scholarship application process for 2023 in early March 2023.
Questions? Contact Summer Camp Director, Shelli Campbell, at .