We have spots open in the following sessions:
August 2022 Sessions
- All sessions are currently full
At NHMU, we are committed to cultivating lifelong skills in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) investigations that promote independence, nurture teamwork, and inspire resiliency and innovation while providing time to explore the natural world. Our Summer Camp programs take full advantage of the Museum's exhibits and collections as well as the incredible natural environments around our site.
Your child will:
- explore the natural world from new perspectives
- put the scientific method into action
- engage in authentic experiences with Museum staff and collections
- make new friends and have fun!
2022 Summer Camp
Changes to Our Overall Program
- Limited class sizes
- Kindergarten sessions will be offered from 9 a.m. - noon, M-Th
- First grade sessions will run from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., M-Th
- Second -sixth grade sessions will run from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M-Th
- All sessions will run Monday - Thursday only.
- We will not offer camp programming the weeks of July 4 and July 25, due to holidays.
- Partner Camps will be 2 full days at the Museum and 2 full days at the partner location.
COVID-19 Precautions will be updated as we get closer to registration, but as of this writing, we plan to keep many of our 2021 precautions:
- Screening participants and staff for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the facility.
- Scheduled disinfection of high touched surfaces several times throughout the day and use of electrostatic foggers and sanitizers each evening in lab spaces.
- Scheduled hand washing times throughout the day; hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- As much as possible in a hands-on summer camp program our activities have been updated for physical distancing.
If you need to cancel your child’s camp registration, email the Camp Director at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date at . If we are able to fill your spot, you will receive a full refund, less a $15 fee. If we are not able to fill your spot, we will refund 60% of your registration fee. Registrations canceled two weeks or less prior to the camp start date, will not receive a refund.
2022 Summer Camp Scholarship Information
Scholarship applications for 2022 are now closed. The Natural History Museum of Utah strives to provide high-quality, inclusive programming to children attending kindergarten through the fifth grades. We are thankful to our camp sponsors, who have generously donated funding toward our scholarship program. Scholarships cover 100% of camp fees and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to students who receive free or reduced price lunch in the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program, or whose families meet the Income Eligibility Guidelines for the program. We will open the scholarship application process for 2023 in early March 2023.
Questions? Contact Summer Camp Director, Shelli Campbell, at .