We have spots open in the following sessions:
June 2022 Sessions
- June 13 - 16 (M-Th):
- 4th-5th Grade: Nature of Science & Color from 8:30am - 4:30pm (M & T at NHMU, W & Th at Clever Ocotpus)
- June 27 - 30 (M-Th):
- 4th-5th Grade: Explorers Camp from 8:30am - 4:30pm (M & T at NHMU, W & Th at Red Butte Garden)
July 2022 Sessions
- July 11 - 14 (M-Th):
August 2022 Sessions
- August 1 - 4 (M - Th):
- 4th-5th Grade: Dynamic Universe from 8:30am - 4:30pm (M & T at NHMU / W & Th at Clark Planetarium)
- August 8 - 11 (M - Th):
- 1st Grade: Construction Zone / Space Cadet from 9am - 4pm (Takes place entirely at NHMU)
At NHMU, we are committed to cultivating lifelong skills in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) investigations that promote independence, nurture teamwork, and inspire resiliency and innovation while providing time to explore the natural world. Our Summer Camp programs take full advantage of the Museum's exhibits and collections as well as the incredible natural environments around our site.
Your child will:
- explore the natural world from new perspectives
- put the scientific method into action
- engage in authentic experiences with Museum staff and collections
- make new friends and have fun!
2022 Summer Camp Plans
Changes to Our Overall Program
- Limited class sizes
- Kindergarten sessions will be offered from 9 a.m. - noon, M-Th
- First grade sessions will run from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., M-Th
- Second -sixth grade sessions will run from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M-Th
- All sessions will run Monday - Thursday only.
- We will not offer camp programming the weeks of July 4 and July 25, due to holidays.
- Partner Camps will be 2 full days at the Museum and 2 full days at the partner location.
COVID-19 Precautions will be updated as we get closer to registration, but as of this writing, we plan to keep many of our 2021 precautions:
- Screening participants and staff for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the facility.
- Scheduled disinfection of high touched surfaces several times throughout the day and use of electrostatic foggers and sanitizers each evening in lab spaces.
- Scheduled hand washing times throughout the day; hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- As much as possible in a hands-on summer camp program our activities have been updated for physical distancing.
2022 Summer Camp Scholarship Information
The Natural History Museum of Utah strives to provide high-quality, inclusive programming to children attending kindergarten through the fifth grades. We are thankful to our camp sponsors, who have generously donated funding toward our scholarship program for 2022. Scholarships cover 100% of camp fees and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to students who receive free or reduced price lunch in the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program, or whose families meet the Income Eligibility Guidelines for the program. We will open the scholarship application process on March 7th. A link will appear on the left side navigation bar that will take you to the application.
Questions? Contact Summer Camp Director, Shelli Campbell, at .