Thanks for a fantastic summer! We look forward to seeing you and your kids again in 2019. Be sure to check back for program updates in early 2019. We'll also be posting our fall youth programming soon, so stay tuned via our email, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels.
The Natural History Museum of Utah thanks Rocky Mountain Power for their generous support as the Presenting Sponsor of Summer Camp 2018.
Inspiring passion and sparking curiosity for the natural world!
The Natural History Museum of Utah has an amazing selection of natural science and STEAM-related camps lined up for your kids and grandkids this summer. Continue reading for information on registration, complete camp descriptions, special notes, and a summary of our summer lineup.
Complete Camp Descriptions
Curious about the adventures we have in store for your camper? Check out complete descriptions for every camp we offer by clicking the corresponding links in the Summer Camp menu on the left (or above this content when viewed on a mobile device).
- Each camp is designed to capture the attention and interest of your child and is targeted for the grade they will enter this fall.
- NHMU Summer Camps run in week-long, half-day, or full-day formats (we are not offering camp the week of July 2-6 due to the July 4 holiday and we have one 3-day week due to July 24 holiday).
- Not all School Districts begin or end summer break at the same time--check your school schedule before registering.
- Camp sessions vary in price, depending on grade, length of day, and duration of week. Check individual listings.
- Partner Camps for children entering 2nd–3rd grades begin at our partner locations and end at the Museum; Partner Camps for children entering 4th–5th grades begin at the Museum and end at the partner location, unless otherwise noted. Check individual camp listings for more information.
- Depending on your membership level, additional discounts will apply. Learn More About Museum Membership.
- Campers enrolled in full day sessions bring their own non-refrigerated lunch from home along with a drink. We offer a supervised lunch hour that includes time to explore outside.
- Campers will receive a reusable water bottle and a camp shirt with their camp registration fee.
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website or feel free to contact the Camp Director, Shelli Campbell, at .
- Because we are still putting the finishing touches on the schedule, we reserve the right to make a few final changes!
Summer Camp 2018 Schedule at a Glance
- Week 1: June 4–8
- Week 2: June 11–15
- Week 3: June 18–22
- Week 4: June 25–29
- Week 5*: July 9–13
- Week 6: July 16–20
- Week 7: July 25–27 (* three-day week; W-F only)
- Week 8*: July 30–August 3
- Week 9: August 6–August 10
- Week 10: August 13–17