Thanks for a great season. While our summer programming certainly looked different this year due to COVID-19, it was wonderful to provide new content and a new platform with our Summer@Home program that engaged participants from across Utah and the country. We even had friends from Canada attend! As always, we will continue to work toward providing innovative and exciting programming that spark passion and curiosity. Check back in the spring for information about Summer Camp 2021.
Follow the menu links on the left (above on mobile) to view all NHMU Summer Camps by grade range. See registration dates below.
The Natural History Museum of Utah has an amazing selection of natural science and STEAM-related summer camps lined up for your kids and grandkids this summer. Our camps inspire passion and spark curiosity for the natural world, with engaging activities, experienced leaders, and an unbeatable setting! Camps are based at the Museum--on the campus of the University of Utah, with some camps hosted at partner venues in Salt Lake City. Continue reading for information on registration and camp schedule.
Important 2020 Summer Camp Registration Dates
- February 27: Priority Registration for Copper Club Members. Copper Club Members also receive a 20% discount on summer camp registration. Click here to learn more and join today!
- March 4: Early Registration for Museum Members at the Family level and above. Family+ Members also recieve a 10% discount on summer camp registration. Click here to learn more and join today!
- March 9: Public Registration
- March 16: Scholarship Process Opens
Be sure your membership and contact information is up to date by calling the Membership Team at 801-585-9054.
- Each camp is designed to capture the attention and interest of your child and is targeted for the grade they will enter this fall.
- NHMU Summer Camps run in week-long, half-day, or full-day formats. We have two short weeks in 2020; June 29-July 2 (M-Th) and July 20-23 (M-Th). These short camp weeks will be pro-rated.
- Not all School Districts begin or end summer break at the same time--check your school schedule before registering.
- Summer Camp sessions vary in price, depending on grade, length of day, and duration of week. Check individual listings by navigating the menu on the left.
- You can download our complete grade-range guide to upcoming 2020 Summer Camps.
- Partner Camps for children entering 2nd–3rd grades begin at our partner locations and end at the Museum; Partner Camps for children entering 4th–5th grades begin at the Museum and end at the partner location, unless otherwise noted. Check individual camp listings for more information.
- Depending on your membership level, additional discounts will apply. Learn More About Museum Membership.
- Campers enrolled in full day sessions or two half day sessions during the same week will need to bring their own non-refrigerated lunch from home along with a drink. We offer a supervised lunch hour that includes time to explore outside with staff.
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website or feel free to contact the Summer Camp Director, Shelli Campbell, at .
- Because we are still putting the finishing touches on the schedule, we reserve the right to make a few final changes!
Summer Camp 2020 Schedule at a Glance
- Week 1: June 8 - 12
- Week 2: June 15 - 19
- Week 3: June 22 - 26
- Week 4*: June 29 - July 2 (*M-Th only)
- Week 5*: July 6 - 10
- Week 6: July 13 - 17
- Week 7*: July 20 - 23 (*M-Th only)
- Week 8: July 27 - 31
- Week 9: August 3 - 7
- Week 10: August 10 - 14
Summer Camp Scholarships
Follow the link below for information for 2020 Camp Scholarships. Due to unforseen circumstances, the scholarship application process will now open on April 1 at 10 a.m. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause families.