Thank You for an amazing Summer Camp season! We loved spending time with your kids, helping them to explore our natural world while engaging in hands-on science fun. We hope to see you again soon.
- explore the natural world from new perspectives,
- put the scientific method into action,
- engage in authentic experiences with Museum staff and collections,
- make new friends and have fun!
2021 Summer Camp Offerings
Changes to Our Overall Program
- Limited class sizes (10 kids and 2 staff).
- Camp sessions will be offered in full day formats only; 9am-4pm for Kinder & 1st grades, and from 8:30am-4:30pm for all other sessions.
- All sessions will run Monday - Thursday only.
- We will not offer camp programming the weeks of July 5 and July 19.
- Partner Camps will be 2 full days at the Museum and 2 full days at the partner location.
Utah’s new law, HB 1007, prohibits a face covering requirement in higher education and in the public education systems. The University of Utah — our parent institution — has rescinded the mask mandate on campus. As a University of Utah facility, face coverings will no longer be required at the Museum starting May 24, 2021. We will continue to require our other COVID-19 practices:
- Screening participants and staff for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the facility.
- Scheduled disinfection of high touched surfaces several times throughout the day and use of electrostatic foggers and sanitizers each evening in lab spaces.
- Scheduled hand washing times throughout the day; hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- As much as possible in a hands-on summer camp program our activities have been updated for physical distancing.
Please visit our updated COVID-19 Protocols
Questions? Contact Summer Camp Director, Shelli Campbell by email.