2019 Summer Camps in Salt Lake City
Summer Camps are filling quickly. Click here to see what camps are still available.
The Natural History Museum of Utah has an amazing selection of natural science and STEAM-related summer camps lined up for your kids and grandkids this summer. Our camps inspire passion and spark curiosity for the natural world, with engaging activities, experienced leaders, and an unbeatable setting! Camps are based at the Museum up at the University of Utah, with some camps hosted at partner venues in Salt Lake City. Continue reading for information on registration and camp schedule. We'll be updating this page once our Sneak Peek and camp descriptions are nailed down, sometime in mid-February.
Important 2019 Summer Camp Registration Dates
- February 28: Priority Registration for Copper Club Members
- March 6: Early Registration for Family-level Members and above
- March 11: Public Registration
- March 18: Scholarship Process Opens
- Each camp is designed to capture the attention and interest of your child and is targeted for the grade they will enter this fall.
- NHMU Summer Camps run in week-long, half-day, or full-day formats. We have two short weeks in 2019; July 1-3 (M-W) and July 22-23, 25-26 (no camp on July 24) These short camp weeks will be pro-rated.
- Not all School Districts begin or end summer break at the same time--check your school schedule before registering.
- Summer Camp sessions vary in price, depending on grade, length of day, and duration of week. Check individual listings.
- Partner Camps for children entering 2nd–3rd grades begin at our partner locations and end at the Museum; Partner Camps for children entering 4th–5th grades begin at the Museum and end at the partner location, unless otherwise noted. Check individual camp listings for more information.
- Depending on your membership level, additional discounts will apply. Learn More About Museum Membership.
- Campers enrolled in full day sessions or two half day sessions during the same week will need to bring their own non-refrigerated lunch from home along with a drink. We offer a supervised lunch hour that includes time to explore outside with staff.
- Campers will receive a reusable water bottle and a camp shirt with their camp registration fee.
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website or feel free to contact the Summer Camp Director, Shelli Campbell, at .
- Because we are still putting the finishing touches on the schedule, we reserve the right to make a few final changes!
Summer Camp 2019 Schedule at a Glance
- Week 1: June 10 - 14
- Week 2: June 17 - 21
- Week 3: June 24 - 28
- Week 4*: July 1 - 3 (*M-W only)
- Week 5*: July 8 - 12
- Week 6: July 15 - 19
- Week 7*: July 22-23, 25-26 (*no camp on July 24)
- Week 8: July 29 - August 2
- Week 9: August 5 - 9
Summer Camp Scholarships
Applications for Summer Camp Scholarships are no longer being accepted for 2019.