2020 Summer Camps in Salt Lake City
We are adding an additional step to our Summer Camp registration process in 2020. Check back to this page where we will post instructions to help you prepare before camp sales go live.
The Natural History Museum of Utah has an amazing selection of natural science and STEAM-related summer camps lined up for your kids and grandkids this summer. Our camps inspire passion and spark curiosity for the natural world, with engaging activities, experienced leaders, and an unbeatable setting! Camps are based at the Museum up at the University of Utah, with some camps hosted at partner venues in Salt Lake City. Continue reading for information on registration and camp schedule.
Important 2020 Summer Camp Registration Dates
- February 27: Priority Registration for Copper Club Members
- March 4: Early Registration for Family-level Members and above
- March 9: Public Registration
- March 16: Scholarship Process Opens
- Each camp is designed to capture the attention and interest of your child and is targeted for the grade they will enter this fall.
- NHMU Summer Camps run in week-long, half-day, or full-day formats. We have two short weeks in 2020; June 29-July 2 (M-Th) and July 20-23 (M-Th) These short camp weeks will be pro-rated.
- Not all School Districts begin or end summer break at the same time--check your school schedule before registering.
- Summer Camp sessions vary in price, depending on grade, length of day, and duration of week. Check individual listings by navigating the menu on the left.
- You can download our complete grade-range guide to upcoming 2020 Summer Camps.
- Partner Camps for children entering 2nd–3rd grades begin at our partner locations and end at the Museum; Partner Camps for children entering 4th–5th grades begin at the Museum and end at the partner location, unless otherwise noted. Check individual camp listings for more information.
- Depending on your membership level, additional discounts will apply. Learn More About Museum Membership.
- Campers enrolled in full day sessions or two half day sessions during the same week will need to bring their own non-refrigerated lunch from home along with a drink. We offer a supervised lunch hour that includes time to explore outside with staff.
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website or feel free to contact the Summer Camp Director, Shelli Campbell, at .
- Because we are still putting the finishing touches on the schedule, we reserve the right to make a few final changes!
Summer Camp 2020 Schedule at a Glance
- Week 1: June 8 - 12
- Week 2: June 15 - 19
- Week 3: June 22 - 26
- Week 4*: June 29 - July 2 (*M-Th only)
- Week 5*: July 6 - 10
- Week 6: July 13 - 17
- Week 7*: July 20 - 23 (*M-Th only)
- Week 8: July 27 - 31
- Week 9: August 3 - 7
- Week 10: August 10 - 14
Summer Camp Scholarships
Information for 2020 Camp Scholarships will be posted in late February. Application will open March 16.