Summer Camp Public Registration
Please note that our summer camps have sold out.
April 26 update (information subject to change):
- Our scholarship spots for 2nd-3rd grade are now full.
- K & 1st has one more open scholarship spot
- 4th & 5th has three more spots
Space was very limited this year due to challenges posed by the COVID pandemic.
Summer Camp with NHMU
image of girl with mask putting on hand sanitizer
- explore the natural world from new perspectives,
- put the scientific method into action,
- engage in authentic experiences with Museum staff and collections,
- make new friends and have fun!
Registration for Summer Camp
Registration opened to the public at 10 a.m. MST on the following dates:
- Priority Registration -- Copper Club Members -- March 11
- Early Registration -- Museum Members at the Family level and above -- March 15
- Public Registration -- March 22
If you are not yet a Museum Member, consider joining today to access early registration to our popular Summer Camps. And if you're interested in access to priority registration, you can learn more about joining the Museum's Copper Club by clicking here. In addition to Summer Camp registration benefits, both Copper Club and Museum Members enjoy many other great perks and free Museum admission!
An important note about signups and in-person camps: While NHMU intends to offer in-person camp programming this summer, with Member registration starting on March 15, we are committed to following the latest health and safety policies. As additional guidance becomes available, our plans could evolve. We encourage you to sign up for our mailing list and revisit our website frequently for the most up-to-date information about NHMU Summer Camp 2021. We appreciate your patience, understanding, and support.
2021 Summer Camp Offerings
Our 2021 Summer Camps will run every week between June 7 and August 9 (except for the week of July 5 and 19 due to holidays). Read more to learn what we are doing to ensure the health and safety of all our Summer Camp participants in 2021.
Changes to Our Overall Program
- Limited class sizes (8 kids and 2 staff).
- Summer@NHMU camp sessions will be offered in full day formats only; 9am-4pm for Kinder & 1st grades, and from 8:30am-4:30pm for all other sessions.
- All sessions will run Monday - Thursday only.
- We will not offer camp programming the weeks of July 5 and July 19.
- Partner Camps will be 2 full days at the Museum and 2 full days at the partner location.
- Screening participants and staff for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the facility.
- Requiring a face covering at all times by staff and campers.
- Scheduled disinfection of high touched surfaces several times throughout the day and use of electrostatic foggers and sanitizers each evening in lab spaces.
- Scheduled hand washing times throughout the day; hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- Camp activities will be re-designed in order to reinforce physical distancing.
- Eliminating shared supplies when possible. When not possible, items will be sanitized between use.
Questions? Contact Summer Camp Director, Shelli Campbell by email.